Yesterday was a challenging day...I won't get into it, but it was just a mixture of a teething baby, a daddy who worked a 12 hour day and two tired/cranky girls stuck in the house all day. Last night, I had a couple of glasses of wine my friend Liz had brought over and an amazing talk with a good friend about mommyhood, both of which were a great way to end the day.
This morning, Acadia woke up at 7:15 while Matti was still home. I brought her out to the kitchen and when she saw her daddy (this never happens - she normally wakes up after he has left for the day), she broke out into a HUGE grin and started clapping!!! Oh. My. Word. A very good way for us to wake up indeed - your little girl clapping out of happiness to see her daddy. Today is a good day. It is a different day. And when I have another one of those days, I will look back to this one and know that tomorrow is a different day...
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
aww...that's sweet! It is a GREAT way to look at those challenging days......it can't last forever...CAN IT??
Post a Comment