Do you ever have those moments in time where you feel pure 100% happiness? I'm not talking about just being "sorta" happy. I mean that split second or two where your heart feels like it will literally burst? Where everything in your life feels perfect for just a minute? Of course I'm happy with my life and my home, family, etc. And I am so content with where our lives are and where they're going. But. Sometimes I am just overwhelmed by the happiness in my life and our little family of three.
Little things make me happy. After Cadi went to bed, Matti said I should gather some candles to light, so we could share a glass of wine and sit in front of the tree together. I went out to our porch to get these candles below, and noticed a small amount of snow had been sprinkled onto the candles. Yum.

We buy our ornaments when we are on vacations to remind us of our adventures. This ornament is a sweet little sweater with a giraffe in it's pocket. A giraffe! Who doesn't need a miniature giraffe in their pockets to make them happy? So sweet. We bought this on our trip to Connecticut to see our dear friend's Wendy and Tim's son be baptized. He's now 5...and every time I take this little sweater to put on our tree, I am reminded of our amazing circle of friends.

Come on. How can a picture of a baby with reindeer ears not make you smile?

And here is that moment. Pure. Happiness. Quite silly of me to try to capture it on film. Have you every tried to take a picture of happiness? It's impossible. But I still love this picture and know that every time I see it, I will be reminded of one perfect night shared with my babes...
3 comments:
What an adorable little reindeer! :) I love the giraffe ornament too!
That brought tears to my eyes. Those moments are so fleeting, it's hard to savor every second!
That's so lovely! What a great post. xoxo
Post a Comment