We will give our children: "Something you want, something you need, something to play with, something to read."
Something you want...
Now, granted, I know an eight month old can't really "want" anything, but I saw this outfit and....well...I wanted it!

Something you need...
Now I know what you're thinking - doesn't she have the outfit and the book mixed up? Don't you "need" clothes and "want" books? Not in this case - this book kicks ASS. It is a deliciously amazing book with super cool vintage artwork, pictures and games in it. Best of all, it sends an important message to our little peanut about women. Here is the description on the inside cover:
They're clever and capricious. They're tomboys and tree climbers, ballerinas and bookworms. They're little women and big dreamers...they're girls! And this book is especially for them. Filled with the best "girl stuff" imaginable, A Girl's Book is brimming with tons of material guaranteed to occupy, fascinate and delight. Designated with vintage illustrations that are as timeless as its contents, A Girl's Book is destined to become a well-thumbed classic in no time at all.
Throughout the book, there are inspirational quotes. I won't bore you will all of them, but here are some of my favorites:
"Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
"The most important part of the body is the brain." ~Krida Kahlo
"Laugh as much as possible, always laugh." ~Maya Angelou

Something to play with...
And last, but not least, Something to read...

1 comment:
Cool idea!
Post a Comment