Ok, I know I said I wasn't going to bore you with all the quotes and details of A Girl's Book, but...I've changed my mind. I looked at this book cover to cover last night and am in love with it! I know that it will be many, many years until Cadi will be able to appreciate all the messages, games and yummy recipes in this book, but even so ~ it brings me such happiness that this is the book sh received from us on her first Christmas.
Some of the reasons I love this book...
~"There will always be dreams grander or humbler than your own, but there will never be a dream exactly like your own...for yu areunique and more wondrous than you know!" -Linda Staten
~"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Eleanor Roosevelt
~"No one has ever achievedanything from the smallest to the greatest unless the dream was dreamed first." -Laura Ingalls Wilder
~There is a richness in a life where you stand on your own feet...you set your own ground rules, and if you follow them, there are great rewards." -Margaret Bourke-White
~"If there is faith that can move mountains, it is faith in your own power." -Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach
~"Nobody has a better vision of who you are than yourself." -Sheryl Crow
~"Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye." -Helen Keller
~"The joy of being a kid and a girl-kid at that is one that you can hold on to forever." -Judith Harlan
Other reasons I love it...
~Yummy recipes (strawberry corn muffins, french toast fingers, cinnamon snails, blueberry peach parfaits, mulled apple cider, rocky road fudge, oatmeal cookies
~Notes and ideas on keeping a diary, dream book, travel book
~Instructions on how to braid your hair
~Poems and stories
~Spy games, decoder ring and invisible ink notes instructions, magic tricks
I love, love, LOVE this book and can't wait to treasure it though the years with my lovely girl...
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment