Last night I took Matti out to The Rotisserie to celebrate his last night of school for the semester. (Uncle Jimmy and Auntie Miche watched Cadi - thanks guys!!) Please, everybody, please. Do yourself a favor and order a Cosmo Champagne the next time you go out to dinner. I don't know if this is an actual drink or not - my boss served this at his house this past weekend during our holiday party. It. Is. Amazing. Can you love a drink? I mean love. A. Drink? I hope so, because I honestly do love this drink. All it is is a Cosmo, but champagne replaces the vodka. Delicious.
So...the point of this post is not actually about drinking...although that would be a fun post...
Matti and I often talk about our goals - both short term and long term, assess where we are in our lives, how we're doing - financially, emotionally, etc., what we can do to insure Acadia grows up to be a confident, self-assured, happy person. Last night was another one of those talks about my life and my goals - professionally. Am I happy? Do I love my job? What would make me happier? I'm sure you've all had those conversations - whether they be outloud to your partner or just thoughts floating around in your head that you haven't shared with anyone yet.
Don't get me wrong - I do like my job. I am very lucky to work at home, so I am able to be home with Acadia all day. But am I passionate about my job? Do I love it? Well...if my boss is reading this, than yes I do! If he is not reading this, then....well....I suppose I could be a bit more fulfilled. This is putting it nicely. I will never take for granted that my job has given be the opportunity to be a stay at home mom, which is the hardest and most rewarding job in the world. Being a SAHM is my dream job - one I am SO proud to be doing. But let's be honest; as much as I wish it would, being a SAHM doesn't pay the bills.
Which brings me to our conversation last night. I have had this idea for a little while now (more on this later) for a business. Not a large business, but any means, but a business, nonetheless. I discussed this idea with my *new* business manager, Matti, and oh. My. Word. Did he get excited! After I had spent 20 minutes explaining all my ideas and where I would work (turning part of the downstairs into an office will be fun!), where I would get my supplies, who I would sell my work to, etc, etc, etc. Matti got a napkin out and started drawing designs, measurements, and more ideas! He was so sweet and so excited - it reminded me yet again what an awesome partner I have. With each other on our sides, I feel like we can do anything together. I feel like I am capable of the impossible. I am thankful...so thankful that he is my best friend.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hear you, sister. Amen to figuring out our dream jobs AND to having the best partners of life. What's your business idea?? I'm so curious!
Hey, we'll be up in VT all next week. I seem to recall hearing mention of the moms and some bowling. You in?
xoxo
Post a Comment