Sunday, February 22, 2009

True love

My definition of romance has definitely changed over the years - especially since having Acadia. Years ago, cards and flowers would give me butterflies. Now, it's the simple things like Matt noticing that Acadia needs her diaper changed and changing it before I do. It's that he gets up with her every morning during the week, takes her downstairs and builds a fire. Then comes upstairs to make coffee for us and wakes me up. I am not a morning person and those 15 extra minutes do wonders for me, so that I am able to wake up slowly.

Friday morning (the day Acadia slept until 9am), Matt left for work before I even got up, which normally never happens. I came out to the kitchen when I woke up to find a note from him:

"Coffee is ready to brew...xoxo"


And that is my definition of true love...

3 comments: