Monday, February 9, 2009

I remember Monday

I remember...being in the hospital the day you were born. Most newborns (if not all?) still have fluid in their lungs after they are born and I remember you making choking sounds as the fluid made its way out. I remember being in a cold sweat every time and praying that you would be ok. Luckily the nurse was there every time and would take care of you. Like it was no big deal. Like you didn't almost die. Or so I thought! LOL!!

My cousin Kim came over after she got out of work to meet you. She was holding you and we were all talking when all of a sudden, you started making the choking noises. I just froze and stared. And just like nothing, Kimmie rolled you onto your side, patted your back and kept on talking. Like it was no big deal. Like you didn't almost die. To this day, I still think of her as superwoman for saving your life. Dramatic? Probably. It's funny to me now, but when you've never gone through birth, you've never had a child, every little noise made from that little body is frightening. So, when you get older and can actually say a sentence, please thank cousin Kimmy for saving your life when you were only a day old!

1 comment:

Kate said...

That is a GREAT memory! i remember the choking too!! SCARY stuff!