Sunday, February 15, 2009

Meal planning Sunday

We have a busy week this week with story time at the library one night, my cousin's basketball game and book group, so I will be making double batches of things so we have plenty of leftovers

Sunday - Leftovers from last night's V-Day dinner
Monday - Shepard's pie, cinnamon rolls
Tuesday - Leftovers
Wednesday - Stuffed shells, garlic bread and salad
Thursday - Matt leftovers/Jen book group
Friday - Homemade mac and cheese and salad

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Will you post your Mac and Cheese recipe? Pretty please?

Mama said...

You need to post this every single week so I can steal it....

Jenny said...

Sure! Here is the mac and cheese recipe - I got it from my Betty Crocker cookbook years ago and looove this mac and cheese:

2 cups elbow mac
1/4 c butter
1/4 c flour
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
2 c milk
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)

~Heat oven to 350
~Cook mac
~Melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese.

~Drain mac and add cheese sauce and mac together into a casserole dish.

Sometimes I add ham to the mac and cheese and/or breadcrumbs on top.

It's so yummy!!

Jenny said...

I forgot to add that this is one of the best and easiest recipes to make for someone when they're sick or have just had a baby. It's my "go to meal" for those situations, because I can make the entire thing at home, drop it off with instructions and they don't have to do a thing - no prep involved for them :)

Michelle and Jimmy said...

You are my inspiration.