Sunday, February 22, 2009

Meal planning Sunday

S - Homemade corn chowder with fresh bread
M - Spare ribs with steamed broccoli and a salad
T - Cheeseburger pie and baked beans
W - California roll ups and a Caesar salad
TH - Chicken broccoli fettuccine with garlic bread
F - Jenny out to dinner with the girls/Matti leftovers
S - Matt and Jen out to dinner with friends

5 comments:

Mama said...

I would like the corn chowder recipe please!

Jenny said...

Sure!

Corn Chowder Ingredients:

14.5 oz can chicken broth
1 c. chopped onion
1/8 t. pepper
12 oz. evaporated milk
1/4 c. flour
12 oz. whole kernal corn with sweet peppers
1 T. fresh parsley

Directions:

In medium saucepan combine broth, onion and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes until onion is tender.

In a small bowl stir together milk and four. Add broth mixture. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Stir in corn. Heat, garnish and serve :)

Megan said...

Yum! The corn chowder sounds delish!

Kristen said...

Cheeseburger pie? Sounds like something my kids would love! WHat is it?

Jenny said...

Here is the cheeseburger pie recipe. I haven't made this before, but a friend of mine who recently made it suggested that I add spices when cooking the ground beef. I'm also going to add some potatoes - the recipe reminds me of minced meat pie. I'm excited to try it!

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=35487&Source=SearchResultPage&terms=beef%20cassarole