In the 100 Mile Diet. I must admit that we won't be starting until this spring for a few reasons. First, I would like to read this book to become more informed and prepared. Second, and this is the part that I'm embarrassed about - it is SO much easier in Vermont to buy local, fresh veggies and fruits in the spring and summer. We have a share in the Intervale and are so excited to start taking Acadia there every Thursday night - live music, good friends, picnics at sunset on warm summer evenings, berry picking, fresh organic fruits and vegetables - what could be better?!
To prepare for this summer, I am reading up on canning, so I can store our local goodness for our enjoyment during the winter of 2009. My plan is to try the 100 Mile Diet for 6 months, although truth betold, I would really love to do it for a year. I always set my standards a little low, so I won't be disappointed in myself if I don't reach my goal. (How sad is that? LOL!) Anyway, please join us - it's so important to support your local farmers and the less food has to travel the better!Mmmmmm - just writing about all this local yumminess makes me excited for Spring!!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Where is the share with? I would like to find out more about that but I couldn't find it on the site. Which farm are you working with?
For you locals, here is the direct link to the Intervale Community Farm we are members at, in case you are interested in it:
http://www.intervalecommunityfarm.com/
Post a Comment