Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lessons learned

I have learned a lot these past two weeks working for a friend in her day care. Friday is my last day and I must say, I am breathing a sigh of relief. Here are some of things I have learned.

  • Teaching children to talk is overrated
  • Children ask a lot of questions
  • Many of said questions involve poopie
  • Peeing in the potty is a BIG deal. They remind me this every single time they use the potty. Every. Single. Time.
  • If you want kids to do something, just put "special" in front of the word. For example, "Would you like to read a book?" Nooooooo!!!! "How about if we read a very special book?" Yesss! I want to read a special book!! This has worked like a charm every time.
  • Doing yoga with children is quite funny. I learned this today.
  • Kids do not like to share

I'm sure there are many more things I learned this week, but I thought I would share just a few!

No comments: