Monday, February 23, 2009

We're back

Acadia had a good night last night, but woke up struggling to breath a bit. We were able to get into the pediatrician's office this morning at 8:30. Turns out she has croup and a double ear infection, poor thing. He prescribed Amoxicillin and we picked that up at the pharmacy as well as some popsicles.

I just tried giving her her first dose of Amoxicillin and she spit it out. I tried 4 times with a syringe and she spit it out all 4 times, which wouldn't be a huge deal if we had extra of the medicine, but we have the exact dosage for 10 days, so we can't waste anymore.

I put her in her crib a few minutes ago so I could sit and think about how I'm going to get a dose in her and went to check on her literally two minutes later and she had fallen asleep. It's only 10am, but I figured she needs her sleep so I let her be.

I am going to call the pharmacy to see if I can mix the medicine with something - milk, juice, etc. Of all the times she decides not to take her medicine - having a double ear infection is the worst possible time!! I really hope she takes her meds when she wakes up - she needs it.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hopefully once you get the meds in her they will work quickly. This is probably a really bad suggestion, but Annika was so sick with a double ear infection and her asthma over the holidays, and I couldn't get her to take the meds, so I bribed her with Dr. Pepper and it worked. Some good mommy will probably have a better suggestion, but that's what worked for me.